Early Phase (Green Light)
- Wants familiar routine and schedule
- What can I do next?
- Can follow instructions if demonstrated one step at a time
- Cannot be reasoned with
- Unable to adjust pace; poor safety
Activity Focus during the early phase includes social activities and cognitive stimulation.
- Craft projects
- Sorting and stringing beads
- Songs with gross motor actions
- Counting activities
- Sorting and folding clothes
- Cooking activities
- Assisting staff with daily tasks
- Sort/match/stack objects
- Setting the table